Are you someone who is looking for appropriate dresses for club and cocktail parties? Do you want to know about what is in fashion these days? If you said yes to both these questions then keep scrolling down because we have just what you have been looking for.
Cocktail Dresses Came First
The cocktail dresses first came into being as part of the American Lexicon in 1803. They became popular after the cocktail parties started in the region. It was after World War I that women were allowed to drink in bars. Thus, cocktail dresses became quite the choice for women at evening parties. To date, cocktail dresses are the hardest party dress in the fashion scene.
Why Is There a Need for One to Dress Up for a Party?
Dressing up for a particular occasion comes as part of a social obligation. This means that when women are invited to a party, they see dressing up as a way of feeling great about their appearance. Walking up to a party in casual attire is not an option all the time. So, technically speaking, dressing up is good for everyone. It boosts the self-esteem of the person as well as makes sure that they are dressed up appropriately as per the occasion.
If the invitation is not a casual invite, you would most likely get notified beforehand that you are required to formally dress up for the occasion. The dress code would be explicitly mentioned so that you do not show up at the party looking different from the rest of the crowd.
Here is what could be mentioned on the invitation and how you should dress accordingly:
- Club Party You should dress up but try to keep it as minimal as possible. Make sure that you wear nice shoes that keep you comfortable just in case you decide to hit the dance floor.
- Cocktail Party For a cocktail party, make sure you are dressed up differently than you usually are. The material of the dress should be something more formal like satin, silk or velvet. These materials elevate the overall dress and make you feel like you are dressed to impress.
Typical Dresses for Club and Cocktail Party
- What is special about cocktail dresses?
To be able to differentiate between a cocktail dress and otherwise party dress, here is a list of things that you should keep in mind:
- The dress should be flattering
- Make sure you pick one according to your waistline
- Pick a fit and flare dress if you want more attention towards the upper and lower parts of your body
- Pick a neckline you would be most comfortable in
- Pick a length of the cocktail dress
Club or cocktail dresses can be chosen for a particular occasion, depending on multiple factors. Here is what you should keep in mind when choosing a club and cocktail party dress:
- Nature of invitation
Apart from the above-mentioned factors, some other sartorial factors should be kept in mind when choosing a club and cocktail party dress.
There are a variety of dresses that you can pick and choose from when opting for a cocktail dress. Here are our picks keeping the latest trends in mind:
- Bandage Dress A Bandage dress is designed to ensure that you look sassy at the party at which you are planning to wear it. If you pick the one that fits your body type, you are sure to feel sexy and comfortable at the same time. There are different knee lengths and sizes that the dress can be easily made in. You just have to pick the one that you would feel the best in. To stand out amongst the crowd, make sure your pair of stilettos are equally breathtaking and comfortable. Do not stop, till the party does.
- Bodycon Dress Thanks to the Kardashians, Bodycon dresses are going to be all the rage this season. This dress is ideal for all the Boho babes who like to be fashionably informed and up to date. It is ideal for a glam night out for a cocktail party invite. Just pair the dress with platform heels and a lip color that would make heads turn at the party.